KBA is excited to welcome several clinicians to this summer’s convention!
Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser – “Band Directors: The Why Of What We Do”
- This opening keynote address will focus on the compelling impact the study of music has on our students. As an art form, it serves as the gateway to unlimited possibilities of the creative mind; as a learning discipline, the study of music builds a solid foundation of positive growth and development for ALL students.
Mickey Smith, Jr. – “Discover Your Sound 180”
- As a motivational speaker, an expert musician, and an experienced educator, Mickey Smith is dedicated to helping both children and teachers. While delivering keynote address speeches and workshops for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, he strives to provide a motivational mixture of music and message for his audience. Through his message Mickey wants to make learning easy and interesting for everyone. It’s time to discover the sound inside us all!
Tara Renze – “Unstuck”
- In “Unstuck” Tara uncovers the 6 key emotional intelligence traits and characteristics that allow you to listen up, speak up, show up and get what you want. Based on the Bar-On EQ-i model by Reuven Bar-On Tara takes a deep dive into these 6 contrary characteristics that professionals need to deploy to unlock higher levels of success and fulfillment in life. Elevated EQ allows leaders to bridge generation gaps, increase productivity and creates a culture for diverse and independent workers and cohesive teams to thrive.
Andrew Cherry – “Teamwork Works”
- Do you want to get your band members to understand the importance of being on a team? Do you want your kids to work together outside of just playing their instrument? This session will give ideas and insights on how to create a team atmosphere within your instrumental music program. This session is a chance to actively participate in teambuilding activities that will help you connect the members of your band to bond as a team. Find a new strategy to implement into your program next year.
Dr. Bruce Pearson – “Inspire Excellence in Your Young Band.”
- Bruce Pearson is a world-renowned music educator, author, composer, and clinician. In addition to his method books and repertoire, Dr. Pearson is well-known as a composer of many widely performed compositions for concert band and jazz ensemble. He has led clinics in all fifty of the United States and has been guest conductor and clinician, by invitation, of countries throughout the Pacific Rim, Asia, Europe, and the Canadian provinces.